We are looking for a lovely inhabitant for our tiny dwelling – the Vardo – for the month of July!
A basic 4.25' x 11.25' tiny home (floor space) at $600/mo is available now (pro rata), with a french door that looks out to beautiful garden beds at our public serving community center in North Oakland, near the Emeryville & Berkeley border.
Additional costs are $50/month for utilities and $50/month for communal food (opt in), both pro rata.
You Are passionate about gardening/permaculture/ecology, placemaking, art, music, social justice, environmental justice, and/or cooperative living. People of color, genderqueer folx and LGBTQ identifiers are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send an email to email@example.com with answers to the following questions.
1. Describe yourself to us.
2. Please describe any experience you have living/working in community/coops, etc. Include what you most enjoy about it and what you find challenging.
3. Describe your interests/experience with PLACE's acronym: People Linking Art Community and Ecology (and Placemaking)
4. We have 1 dog and 1 cat. Are you allergic to animals?
5. Are you able to contribute 8-10 hours a week to the community? Describe some ways you imagine plugging in with us.
6. Are you available for an interview Wednesday nights, sometime between 7-9:30pm?
7. Any questions for us? Anything else you'd like to share?
Join our team of Stewards and lead a specific pod by living on site and volunteering time & skills to support the greater mission of PLACE.
All stewards commit to 8-10 volunteer hours per week. In addition, the Wednesday night weekly PLACE circles (meetings) are required. Steward Leads also self-organize their own POD circles as is necessary (weekly, monthly, etc). All Stewards volunteer for at least one PLACE Action Day (the monthly PLACE work party) and host at least one event or class per month.
$600 per month rent + utilities.
- Education Steward Lead
- Events Steward Lead (Position has been filled, thank you to all who applied)
PLACE for Sustainable Living is currently interviewing for an experienced Education Steward (work on site) to manage, plan, and promote workshops and classes on permaculture, herbalism, DIY living, and homesteading skills. The Education Steward must be detail-oriented and able to manage logistics and communications for multiple projects while meeting critical project deadlines. This position is an opportunity to support our mission as an on-site educational center on sustainability and resilience.
The Education Steward role requires 10 volunteer hours per week. In addition, the Education Steward will attend the Wednesday night weekly PLACE meetings, Education Pod meetings and perform regular weekly chores and duties. All Stewards volunteer for at least one Action Day work day and host at least one event or class per month.
Duties and Responsibilities
FILL out the application form below.
PLEASE be ready to include as attachment pdf files the following:
1) your cover letter and
2) your resume and include two references; one from work and one from a close friend, someone who knows you well.
We will contact applicants to set up interviews once we review applications in batches. We apologize in advance if we are unable to respond to all inquiries.
Open until filled.
We strive for diversity in our community here, therefore, all qualified persons of color, native to the Bay Area, and LGBTQ identifiers are strongly encouraged to apply.