Event Steward & Eco Village Resident
We have an open space for an individual to join our team of Stewards by both living on site in a tiny house and volunteering their time & skills to support the greater mission of PLACE.
Specifically we are looking for an experienced event coordinator with the ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and community partners. The Event Steward must be detailed oriented and mindful of critical production deadlines, multiple priorities, and communications. This role is an opportunity to support the mission of PLACE by producing impactful events related to social justice, environmental justice, indigenous rights, permaculture, ecological design, placemaking, music, art, food, community building, and more.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiates and plans events at PLACE, including a minimum of one large fundraising gathering per month (i.e. a skillshare, an open-mic, movie night, panel discussion, music event)
- Works closely with Education Steward and the greater ‘Happenings POD’ (aka the Program Team) to come up with goals and priorities for PLACE events and workshops throughout the year
- Works with Community Steward to organize, coordinate, and manage volunteer recruitment for event production
- Works with Social Media Steward to develop and implement a marketing plan for events
- Be the point person for outside event producers/space rental
- Develop partnerships, when appropriate for event production
- Manages multiple priorities and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Manages calendars to include the coordination of meetings and keep other PLACE Stewards in the loop of what events are happening
- Attend weekly meetings and/or send report/update
- Deep commitment to social and environmental justice movement building
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent phone demeanor and verbal skills
- Comfort and experience using social media and email announcements for event promotion
- Good written skills
- Ability to respond to emails in a very timely manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership qualities: the ideal candidate should be able to work closely with others and have a willingness to use but not misuse power.
- Team player and love for collaboration
- Ability to effectively use Google Apps (Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms etc). Slack and Trello are what we currently use for communications and project planning, so a plus if you know these already. If not we are happy to train.
- Minimum one-year commitment. This is a live-on site role: rent + utilities = $650 per month.
- 2-3 years of event production or equivalent experience preferred.
The role requires 8-10 volunteer hours per week. In addition, the Wednesday night weekly PLACE meetings are required; Pod meetings and regular weekly chores are expected as well. All Stewards volunteer for at least one Action Day work day and host at least one event or class per month.
$600 per month rent + utilities.
Open until filled; QTPOC and folks who grew up in the Bay Area strongly encouraged to apply. If you feel you are the right fit to co-create together, please send cover letter, resume & two references.